1. Make sure .Net Framework is installed on the IIS/Analyzer server.
Please install .NET Framework 4.0 if you are installing Analyzer 3.0.2361 Hot Fix 1 and up.
Please Install .NET Framework 4.8 if you are installing Analyzer 2021 and up.
Use this command at the Command Prompt window to check if .NET 4.8 is installed.
reg query "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full" /v version
Windows 10 (please make sure HTTP Activation is also checked)
Windows Server (Please make sure HTTP Activation is also checked)
Please install .NET Framework 2.x or 3.x if installing Analyzer version prior to 3.0.2361 Hot Fix 1.
2. On your IIS/Analyzer server, please make sure IIS 6.0 is installed. If using IIS 7.0 or later then please also enable IIS 6.0 Management Compatibility. Under the Security section please enable Basic Authentication and Windows Authentication. Different versions of Windows operating system has features and roles listed under different sections so please use the screenshots below as reference to locate them.
For Windows Server 2008
For Windows Server 2012
3. Please install SQL Server Native Client on the IIS/Analyzer server. This can be downloaded from the SQL Server 2005, SQL 2008, SQL 2008R2 or SQL 2012 Feature Pack site. Any version can be used, here is the link to the SQL2008 version:
SQL2012 Native Clients
X64 Package (64 bit)
4. Please install ADOMD.NET 11(Microsoft® SQL Server® 2012 ADOMD.NET) on the IIS server:
X64 Package (64 bit)
5. Please install Microsoft® SQL Server® Analysis Management Objects on the IIS server:
X64 Package (64 bit)
6. Analyzer Data Package feature allows user to connect to many different data source like Oracle and Excel so you may also need to install additional database connection software. We recommend to install the following Microsoft Access Database Engine component since Excel is often used as a data source. For additional data source please see this link.
7. Please use a local machine Administrator account to install Analyzer (not a Domain Administrator account). Please right-click on the installer then select Run as administrator. If you don't see such option then simply double click to run the installer.
Follow the on screen steps to complete the installation.
8. Once Analyzer is launched, click the Start button to start the configuration process (please see this link if you don't see the Start button). Please follow the steps to register Analyzer.
9. At the Analyzer System Database setup screen, please select the SQL Server type, the server name or IP, and enter a SQL Account to create the Analyzer System Database. Analyzer will use this database to store its metadata and reports. It is recommended to creating a dedicated SQL account (not a Windows account) with a non-expiring password for this purpose. Please give this account dbcreator privilege so it can create the system database. Continue to the next screen once the database is created.
- We recommend to use a dedicated SQL Server account instead of a Windows account because the only “user” that will be accessing this database is the Analyzer program itself. All of the users will go through this account to access the data within the Analyzer system database.
10. This section asks you to select an authentication method, currently there is only one selection therefore simply click Next to continue.
11. The next and final step is an option to set up a connection to the OLAP Database (SSAS). If you select to do so, you will then be presented with a screen to set up the default data source (OLAP Database connection). Select the version of your SSAS database (2000, 2005 or 2008, 2012 Multidimensional or Tabular ) and then enter the name or IP Address of the OLAP database (plus its instance name if there is one).
12. You have completed the Analyzer installation.
13. Please also install the Analyzer Export Service (AES), it can be installed on the same Analyzer server or any other servers. You can also have multiple AES servers, Analyzer can use all of them to process export tasks.
Once installed please login to Analyzer as an administrator, select System Administration Page > Export Services to add the newly installed AES to Analyzer. Click the "+" icon on the tool bar.
Enter the location of the new AES server, if it is on the same machine then "Localhost" should be fine otherwise please specify the IP Address or server name. You can use the default number for threads or define your own, this can be re-adjust later. Click OK to complete.
Once complete you should see the AES server listed.